Saturday, April 16, 2011

a wet and miserable day for driving. dodging pot holes, road closures and navigating hi vis road cones and traffic diversions to get from one side of the city to the other. just another exciting excursion in Christchurch.

i picked up the george meris framed print and was very pleased with it. next was the little wall shelf, with a bit of sanding and tidying up it should look great. I already know where I'm going to put it.

today's highlight - the little enamel teapot. awesome! it's gorgeous, i love it. well worth my little 'splurgh'.

i arrived home minus the print as my mother fell in love with it.

what can i say, she makes great chocolate fudge and had washed and ironed the 'too small' jacket i bought the other day? i let her buy the print for the bargain price of $5, after all, this whole mission i'm on is going to fail terribly if i start giving things away!

last count the balance was -

$23
- $1 wooden shelf
- $1 jacket
- $1 little house
- $12 enamel teapot
- $6 Ganz bear
= $2

today i have confused my totally unmathematical mind completely.

$2
- $1 framed print
= $1+ $5 framed print
= $6

i nearly forgot ...... tibetan necklace which was another $1 auction bargain that I won today. I guess that total is actually $5


uncluttering

i'm getting used to navigating this extremely interesting city that we live in but today i had to wonder about two small things.

firstly, did the council already have the road signs stating  'caution earthquake damage ahead' or did they have to get them made? 

the second was when i found myself driving along and thinking what a clever idea to have empty shipping containers lining the other side of the road to hopefully protect the houses below if another aftershock was to dislodge any boulders on the hillside above. I then realised that I was actually between the dodgy hillside and the containers.  aftershock + falling boulders = me squashed!

mother nature really doesn't care what or who is in her way when she wants to have a hissy fit!


No comments:

Post a Comment